For the entire weekend of March 1st through March 3rd, we'll be jamming
online, primarily in our IRC channel (#ubuntu-us-mi on Freenode).
Participation is simple:
1) Log into IRC (there's a client available on
http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-michigan under Resources if you
don't already have one handy) and join #ubuntu-us-mi
2) Say "I'm jamming" (or use some variation thereof. Examples include:
"we be jammin'", "I like toast and jam", "Jam on it"; something with
the word "jam" in it will suffice.)
3) Find something to work on and announce it to the channel.
Perhaps you'd like to answer questions on http://askubuntu.com? Great!
Want to test out 13.04 on your machine? Awesome.
4) OPTIONAL: If you'd like to join a Google Hangout and hang out with
folks, we'll post instructions in channel.
Some ideas for jam topics:
1) With the recent announcements about Ubuntu Phone and Ubuntu Tablet,
consider using this Jam as an opportunity to try them out. Bring your
hardware and show others, even (and especially) people who have never
seen Ubuntu on these form factors.
2) Consider doing some testing. Ubuntu always benefits from the extra
energy the community invests in making sure Ubuntu is as solid and
bug-free as possible.
3) Simply have fun! Jams don't have to be "all work and no play". Some
teams just get together to build community and strengthen friendships. A
stronger local community makes Ubuntu better!